Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hello Complete Stranger...


...Would you mind taking a photo of the spectacle that is Me Taking My Twins Grocery Shopping?

Yeah, that is probably not going to happen, which is why I have included an illustration courtesy of MS Paint (the idea to do this was inspired by my good friend Julia).
Left arm (or anything else for that matter) not drawn to scale.
Yes, that is an artist's (me) rendition of a mother (also me) pushing a double Snap 'n Go stroller full o' babies whilst dragging behind her (still me) a cart of groceries. Today we had reached the absolute limit of how-long-can-we-put-off-going-to-the-store and I was forced to take the babies to get groceries ALONE!

It went better than I expected, but took twice as long. This in part was due to the whole pushing-while-pulling maneuvering I was doing throughout the store. It was also partially due to the fact that we had to take about a 15 minute time out from shopping to go all the way back across the store because BOTH Nora and Nolan pooped and had to be changed! Aggh!

The third thing that kept me from my normal speedy and efficient trip through the aisles of Meijer was the curiosity, amusement, and horror expressed by the other customers. People kept stopping me to ask questions, offer help, and make comments. Reactions ranged from the most common "You've really got your hands full!", to "Wow!", "Do you need a hand?", one wide-eyed "Dear God!", and sometimes just laughter accompanied by a shaking head. I just smile, keep pushing/pulling/walking and try to avoid the people who try to stop me and tell me about their sister or niece or neighbor who has twins.

Overall, it was a successful trip and the people are Meijer are amazingly helpful. They even called a guy to help me load the groceries into my car! Now I know that I can handle the Grocery Trip with Twins and perhaps next time I will get up the nerve to ask a stranger to take a picture!

1 comment:

  1. Your MS Paint skillz are so much better than mine. Very jealous.

    ReplyDelete