Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kicking Butt

When one's days and nights are an endless cycle of monotony, sleeplessness, and stress (ie. by being a stay at home mom of twins) it is necessary to celebrate the small victories and accomplishments, or else there would be scores of mothers-of-multiples walking off cliff edges in the style of lemmings. So please forgive me as I do a bit of bragging, for my sanity's sake.

Today I celebrate because it is the first day that I have successfully packed up Nora & Nolan with their gear, strapped them into their car seats, and actually ran errands...alone! True, they were all drive-thru errands, but this accomplishment should not go unrecognized.

In addition, the weather has been so unseasonably amazing lately that I was able to take them for a walk in the double stroller AND bring the dog with us! We couldn't go very far because a) I'm still not 100% after the C-section and b) I took twins for a walk in the double stroller AND brought the dog with us, c'mon. But wow did it feel great to get out of the house and get some fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment