Monday, January 23, 2012

First Date

Last night Corey and I has our first Date Night since Nora & Nolan were born. It was nothing extravagant, we just went out to a neighborhood place for a drink and an appetizer, but what an amazing feeling to be outside of the four walls of your house! In all we were only gone for about an hour. Honestly we wanted to be gone for longer and we were in no rush to get home, but we're just so tired that it wasn't really worth being gone any longer.

I have to say I expected going out and leaving the babies to be harder than it actually was. I have heard so many times from friends and coworkers that I'll feel so guilty, I'll check my texts a thousand times, I'll make Nana send me photos on her phone...

Nope. Nothing. I don't know if that makes me selfish or a bad mother (I'm assuming not) but not once did I look at my phone, feel guilty, or really think about the babies. Oops.

Instead I feasted on goat cheese and fresh bread, savored a strawberry basil martini, and enjoyed the company of my incredible husband. Who (as a result of martini after nine months of sobriety) then had to drive me home to my wonderful babies, who I ended up missing after all...just a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment